- Additional Information
SKU SOC/VP400 Condition New Warranty 1 year Price Match No Options 690v, AC Waveform, Auto On, Auto Test, Battery Powered, Bright Neon Indication, Non-Contact Indicator, Vehicle Mounted
There are no product questions yet.
- Product Description
Socket & See VP400 Vehicle Proving Unit
The VP400 Vehicle Proving unit provides a safe and reliable means of checking the correct functioning of Multimeters and two pole Indicators (VIs) before and after use as advised in the Working Practise for electricians. Additionally they have the capability of checking the operation of Non-contract voltage detectors.
VP400 is designed to be permanently mounted and powered from a 12V vehicle supply. The VP400 will also test two-pole VIs that use small incandescent lamps to indicate that voltage is present. VP400 has a unique and logical safety function - the test voltage generated is at 50Hz to synthesise test at AC mains supply frequency - so it will always read correct using the AC range of your Tester or Multimeter.
This product is designed to be wired in to the 12V supply of a vehicle. RED (+12V) and BLACK (0V) and should be taken from a fused outlet. There is no difference in operation to the standard Proving unit. An extra isolating circuit within the proving unit maintains safety even in single fault conditions.
- Intelligent voltage ramp for testing multimeters and Voltage Indicators
- Generates from 50-690V with a true AC waveform output
- Non-contact voltage indicator test feature
- Powerful enough to light old filament style test lamps
- Automatic operation turn-off
- Output voltage: 50-690V in five steps of 50V, 100V, 230V, 400V and 690V
- Power supply: 6x AA alkaline batteries (SP400), 12V Vehicle supply (VP400)
- Operating conditions: -10 to +35°C at 95% RH, non-condensing
- Output frequency: 50Hz pseudo sine wave
- Maximum Output power: 10W
- Battery Life: 10 hours with average use when testing high and low power testers (SP400)
- Weight: 346g
- Dimensions: 130mm(W) x 68mm(H) x 48mm(D)
- LVD: BSEN 61010-1 (2010)
- EMC: 61326-1 (2006)
- VP400 Vehicle Proving Unit